SUPPORTERS PETITION GARY NKOMBO TO CONTEST AS INDEPENDENT

SUPPORTERS PETITION GARY NKOMBO TO CONTEST AS INDEPENDENT

Supporters of former Mazabuka Member of Parliament Gary Nkombo have reportedly mobilised K25,000 for nomination fees and petitioned him to contest the forthcoming elections as an independent candidate.

Mr Nkombo made the remarks on Monday evening while addressing supporters at his residence in Mazabuka.

In a video circulating on social media, the former lawmaker is seen addressing a gathering of supporters and describing himself as someone who had been “trashed”.

Mr Nkombo told the supporters that he was “not stupid enough to refuse being picked from the dumpsite and cleaned”, in apparent reference to the calls for him to return to active politics.

He further told the gathering that if the supporters were serious about their petition, he would meet them again at his residence at 09:00 hours.

The supporters, meanwhile, expressed support for Mr Nkombo, saying they wanted him to continue representing their interests.

It remains unclear whether Mr Nkombo will formally file in as an independent candidate ahead of Zambia’s 2026 General Election.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *